I admit this appetizer platter looks intimidating to put together. Never fear I am here to help you develop your knack for this sort of thing. Seriously its all in the presentation, take a close look at these ingredients, and you begin to realize that most are store-bought.
Ok. So let’s break this down.
- Bread (2 types) mini baguette toasts and bread sticks.
- Crackers. You can use any kind or shape
- Olive tapenade and hummus. These are the two little silver bowls close to the bottom.
- Bruschetta tomato topping
- Granola chunks
- Rosemary (for garnish)
- Flowers for decoration (…these pictures are fake. Ha!)
- Twigs for decoration (cleaned and spray painted)
- Small flat wooden surface
- Large round serving platter. I used an oval wall mirror
The key is to work from the outside in. There is no right or wrong when decorating a platter. Make sure that food is easily picked up by hand; you don’t want to have a lot of items that require utensils. Guests love not having to carry full plates of food around while trying to be social. This platter consists of items that do not need any prep, all of the elements with the exception of three (hummus, olive tapenade, and granola chunks) are quickly picked up from the grocery store. This platter cuts down on the clean up for me, which allows more time for my guests.